The Cause Is The Cure
Our office provides care for the entire family. Adults who would like to improve their quality of life and take a holistic approach to their health are encouraged to call. Whether you have an unresolved injury, decreased health, difficulty walking, headaches, fatigue or any issue affecting your ability to function daily, we are here to help.
Chiropractic care relieves pressure from the nervous system and therefore improves all aspects of health. No ailment is needed to begin care.
If you are new to the area and are looking to continue your wellness, we are the office you have been looking for.
Benefits For Mom
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic structures, muscles and ligaments
- Removes torsion on the ligaments that support the uterus thus potential reducing aberrant tension to the women’s uterus
- Reduces interference to the mother’s vital nervous system which controls and coordinates all of her systems and functions
- By improving maternal function, we are decreasing the potential for unnecessary intervention
Benefits For Baby
- Reduces interference to the mother’s nervous system allowing for better baby development
- Pelvic balance allows the baby greater room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine and other skeletal structures
- Offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth
- With proper fetal positioning, there is significant decrease in dystocia (painful labor) and the resulting birth trauma cause by intervention.
Prenatal Chiropractors work with the body’s ability to adapt and function the way it is designed to. Chiropractic care during pregnancy is vital to the normal physiologic function of both the mother and baby in pregnancy and birth. The Webster Technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of subluxation and/or sacroilliac dysfunction. During pregnancy, sacral subluxation may contribute to difficult labor. Dystocia is caused by inadequate uterine function, pelvic contraction and baby mal-presentation. Often times after multiple births, pelvic imbalances can exist and cause additional discomfort throughout subsequent pregnancies. Without correction of a subluxation, problems can persist long after the delivery.
The Smallest Spines Need Care
Chiropractic care for children is an essential part of their wellness. Starting as early as infancy can improve their overall health. A study conducted examined babies five days after birth concluded unhealthy spines causes many clinical features from central motor impairment, lower resistance, infections particularly ear, nose and throat (Manuelle Medizin 1987). Chiropractors specializing in children use very specific, gentle techniques to care for children. Although children with diseases are often brought to the chiropractor, the chiropractor is not treating their diseases but is instead freeing them of spinal nerve stress, thus permitting their body’s natural healing potential to function at its best. Stress on the spine starts early due to the birthing process. By the time a child is 13, they would have had over 1000 occurrences of spinal trauma due to falls, playing and injuries. Children are as susceptible to various activities and events. These microtraumas can subluxate the vertebrae of the spine, placing pressure on their spinal nerves and therefore decreasing their bodies’ ability to function normally. Although symptoms, such as pain and malfunction may not show up for years, injury to their vital nervous system can have a lifetime of damaging effects.
Will It Hurt?
On the very young, the adjustment is as light as a finger touch. Doctors of Chiropractic who are members of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association have taken postgraduate classes on specific techniques for pregnant mothers, infants and children to enhance their skills in this field.
Many childhood conditions have responded positively to chiropractic care:
- Ear Infections
- Birth Trauma
- Neck, Back, Pelvis Imbalance
- Sport Injuries
- And many more
Most Important times to check an infant for subluxations:
- Immediately after birth
- When starting to pick up head while on belly
- At onset of crawling
- As child begins to sit
- When he/she first learn to walk
- During the initial walking stages
Taking Care of You
A select percentage of our practice is dedicated to personal injury members. When a physical trauma has occurred, damage to the muscles, ligaments, vertebra and surrounding tissues will result creating subluxations. Vertebral subluxations will alter function, reduce proper biomechanics, reduce health and wellness and create degeneration.
Our office is able to provide a non-surgical, non-medicinal approach to these injuries. Give your body an opportunity to facilitate healing on its own. Not addressing the underlying injury can cause residual effects on the body down the line. We are here to help.